Aging at Home
Through the Aging at Home Strategy, funded by the Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant Local Health Integration Network (HNHBLHIN); Participation House Brantford and Community Living Brant provide respite services to individuals with a physical and/or developmental disability. Participation House Brantford has one respite room that is available 24 hours per day 7 days per week for planned or emergency respite for individuals who qualify. Community Living Brant will provide respite for four people one week per month to individuals who qualify.
To qualify you must be:
- An aging individual with a disability or complex needs (aging defined by the progression of aging symptoms due to the nature of the disability) or
- An aging care giver (age defined as 65+) of a individual with a disability living in your home
The beds are available on an emergency basis or for planned relief needs.
Situations in which you might use the service:
- You are an aging individual with a disability and require from time to time some relief from providing your own care
- You are an aging care giver and require care for your disabled family member during an acute medical condition or any other family emergency whereby you are not able to care for your family member during that time
- You are an aging care giver and require care for your disabled family member so you can attend a special event or take holiday.
There is no cost for the respite services provided through the Aging at Home Strategy. However you are required to pay for supplies required during your stay or if you wish to participate in special activities.
How to apply:
If you or your family member has a developmental disability.
Call Contact Brant………..519-758-8228
If you or your family member has a physical disability or complex needs.
Call Participation House Brantford…………….519-756-1430
Or Community Care Access Centre…………….519-759-7752